Halloween 2014 - Costume Design(s)
So the original plan for Halloween costumes this year was animal themed.
His exact words when he saw the picture were "I don't look like a lion." I had to agree, he looked more like Diana Ross. At that point I was too frustrated to try again so we agreed to try something else.
Dutch thought being one of the airplanes from the movie Planes sounded "pretty great." He chose Ripslinger, who is the bad guy in the movie.
Dutch requested to be "Alex the Lion" from the movie Madagascar.
Baker agreed to be "Curious George."
So I began making the costumes as requested by the boys. I made Baker a little hat with monkey ears on it that turned out pretty cute, but he wouldn't leave it on long enough for me to snap a picture. Then I started on Dutch's costume. I made him some orange pants and found a matching orange shirt. I was going to do a yellow tummy section on him too. The Alex mane on the other hand proved to be somewhat challenging. Alex's mane has a very definite shape, without that he would just be any old lion. Dan had the genius idea to use a Boppy nursing pillow as the mane, but I don't have them anymore. So, I made one. At first we all thought "Yes, awesome!" But it turned out to be somewhat heavy and didn't stay on Dutch's head very well. We kept on the theme though and I got Dutch fully dressed up in this costume.His exact words when he saw the picture were "I don't look like a lion." I had to agree, he looked more like Diana Ross. At that point I was too frustrated to try again so we agreed to try something else.
Dutch thought being one of the airplanes from the movie Planes sounded "pretty great." He chose Ripslinger, who is the bad guy in the movie.
Once Baker knew that Planes was an option he decided he had a opinion too. He wanted to be Dusty from the movie. Dusty is the main character and the good guy.
I started to look online and found some pretty easy ways to make the costumes. It took me about 3 hours to make both of their costumes from start to finish.
Baker broke his prop after about 5 minutes of having it on. I guess foam board was not the best option after all. Oh well, at least the boys loved their costumes!
Comments
Post a Comment