Dutch's 4th Birthday Party
For Dutch's birthday we decided to go to San Angelo and visit with Dan's family. We had a great time! I think Dutch had a good time too, he definitely enjoyed his birthday party.
We arrived Thursday evening with a couple of HUNGRY little boys. After we got them fed they played for a bit and then it was time for bed. On Friday we just hung out around the house and prepared for his birthday on Saturday. We did go out for dinner to Catfish Corner though...YUM! I, of course, did not have catfish. I usually get their chicken strips which are really good, but this time I went with a cheeseburger and it was really good too. Everyone else had their catfish and said it was delicious. Dan decided to do one over on them. He ordered the 'All You Can Eat' plate, but he refused to fill up on the sides, he went full on with the catfish. I think he stuffed down about 12 pieces!
On Saturday, we got right to work getting things ready for that afternoon's festivities. PM had a good idea to get the boys out from under foot. He and Dan took them to Fort Concho to see the mules! They said that Baker was all about it, he loved feeding them. Dutch was a little unsure, but warmed up a bit.
While they were gone Jeannette and I finished decorating the cake, making dips, and setting out stuff for lunch. When the boys got back we fed them, then put Baker down for a nap. Right about that time everyone came over to hang out for a bit. We ate, played games, napped, and waited for Baker to wake up to start the par-tay.
Once Baker was up we sang Happy Birthday to Dutch and let him open presents. He really liked being the center of attention for a little while. He kept trying to hide his big smile! He is so crazy. He had a lot of fun with all his new toys and we all went outside to check them out for ourselves.
For dinner we had hamburgers and CAKE! Once we got the boys to bed we started the largest game of Mexican Train ever. We used all 8 spaces on the center domino starter. We were all exhausted after about 8 rounds of that and decided to call it a night. A few of us might have had a little more cake before bed :)
I know we all had a blast and I'm glad we got together to celebrate Dutch!
We arrived Thursday evening with a couple of HUNGRY little boys. After we got them fed they played for a bit and then it was time for bed. On Friday we just hung out around the house and prepared for his birthday on Saturday. We did go out for dinner to Catfish Corner though...YUM! I, of course, did not have catfish. I usually get their chicken strips which are really good, but this time I went with a cheeseburger and it was really good too. Everyone else had their catfish and said it was delicious. Dan decided to do one over on them. He ordered the 'All You Can Eat' plate, but he refused to fill up on the sides, he went full on with the catfish. I think he stuffed down about 12 pieces!
On Saturday, we got right to work getting things ready for that afternoon's festivities. PM had a good idea to get the boys out from under foot. He and Dan took them to Fort Concho to see the mules! They said that Baker was all about it, he loved feeding them. Dutch was a little unsure, but warmed up a bit.
While they were gone Jeannette and I finished decorating the cake, making dips, and setting out stuff for lunch. When the boys got back we fed them, then put Baker down for a nap. Right about that time everyone came over to hang out for a bit. We ate, played games, napped, and waited for Baker to wake up to start the par-tay.
Once Baker was up we sang Happy Birthday to Dutch and let him open presents. He really liked being the center of attention for a little while. He kept trying to hide his big smile! He is so crazy. He had a lot of fun with all his new toys and we all went outside to check them out for ourselves.
For dinner we had hamburgers and CAKE! Once we got the boys to bed we started the largest game of Mexican Train ever. We used all 8 spaces on the center domino starter. We were all exhausted after about 8 rounds of that and decided to call it a night. A few of us might have had a little more cake before bed :)
I know we all had a blast and I'm glad we got together to celebrate Dutch!
{Diesel 10 from Thomas the Train was Dutch's requested cake, he was quite pleased with my work}
{opening presents}
{Baker and Marshall playing some baseball}
{Grandma decided to give Baker a hand}
{Daddy almost got whacked in the head}
{Dutch spent time bonding with his new crane}
{then it was time for bubbles}
{after dinner we played inside for a bit}

Comments
Post a Comment