Baker: 2 Years!

I am not going to ramble on about how my baby boy turned 2 today and how I can't believe how fast it has gone by and that I am not willing to accept that my baby will be a preschooler before I know it.  Nope, I will not even mention those thoughts of mine.  Instead I will focus on how freakin' cute he is!

Before we get started, lets take a look back at how Baker has grown.

{day before Baker was born}

{this day 2 years ago}

{in the NICU}

{finally home, 5 days old}

{early May 2013}

{today, 1 year ago}

{today, 2 years old}



So let's start with his stats:
  • Weight - 27 lbs 6 oz (44%); he gained 3 lbs since November!
  • Height - 34.5 inches (54%); HE GREW 7 INCHES IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS!!
    • The Dr remarked at his astonishing growth spurt.  He jumped % pretty majorly.  Baker had been consistently in the 30%-34% for height and 25% for weight.  He is now in the median range which is great.
  • Shoe Size - 6
  • Clothing Size - 18 month (though some 12 month stuff still fits)
He is still a light sleeper, but he can at least sleep through the night with someone in the same room now.  The first test of this came when we went to San Angelo over Easter weekend.   Normally Baker gets his own room and Dutch sleeps on the floor in Dan and I's room.  This time Dutch really wanted to share a room with Baker though.  We all said, "Well, why not?!"  It was crazy for a couple hours, lots of laughing and jumping around, Dutch on the bed and Baker in his playpen, but eventually they went to sleep.  Since then they have shared a room here at the house one time.  They actually did great, and if it were up to Dutch they would be sharing his room every night.  But I think Baker still needs his own room for a couple months.

{after spending a night in Dutch's room, Baker was tired the next day}

Baker's favorite food is guacamole.  I should specify, it is Momma's homemade guacamole.  He will eat it by the cupful.  One of his favorite meals is chalupas with refried black beans, fajita chicken, and lots of guacamole.  He also loves Applegate Farms chicken nuggets, chips, and any kind of fruit.  He probably eats about 2 cups of fruit a day.  The kid can't get enough.  In a typical day he will eat 1-2 bananas, 4 tangerines, and a cup or so of mixed berries, kiwi, and red grapes.  Since I can't get him to eat any veggies other than guacamole I let him eat his heart out on the healthy fruits.

{after giving himself a guacamole facial yesterday}

He loves bath time, mostly he loves splashing his brother with water.  He does not like to be splashed back though.


We have been spending a lot of time outside lately and I must say, Baker has a nice tan!  He is definitely more olive complected then the rest of us.  We have been spending weekends in the backyard playing in the kiddie pool or splash pad.  Now, a rather well known fact about Baker is that he HATES to be cold.  Even the other Moms at playgroup joke about it.  If we are playing somewhere and he gets fussy, they all laugh and say he must be cold.  I say this because Baker does not like to be in the pool, at least not right now.  I'm sure this summer when it is 110 out he will be okay with the pool, but for now he doesn't want more than just his feet in.  That is why we got the splash pad.






He doesn't get too cold in it, but if he does he knows he always has a towel and a snack waiting for him at his chair.






Baker is a pretty funny kid.  His current jokes are fake sneezing, he will just play while he says "ah ah ah ah choo!" over and over again and occasionally laugh at himself.  He also likes to crawl up on things and very calculatedly fall off them while saying "ooo ooo ooo aaahhh" then laugh and do it again.  He has a couple words that he says regularly now they are:

  • uh-oh:  he says this when something bad happens or when he is confused about something
  • bye bye
  • wow:  anytime he is amazed by something
  • momma, dada, daddy, bubba:  these only come out when he wants someone to get him out of his crib
He can say other words, but he chooses not to.  I will occasionally hear him repeating a word I said, but only if he thinks I can't hear him.  It's pretty darn funny.

I'm so glad we have this sweet little Baker man in our lives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dutch's 4th Birthday Party

Unexpected Adventure

On the Train!