Flood of 2013, Post 2

So here is the quick rundown of what went on at our house.  I woke up to tend to Dutch at about 6:15am, I knew that it had rained overnight so I looked out the back door just because.  I thought the yard looked weird so I got the flashlight and saw that the river was up.  It wasn't crazy up, but definitely higher than it had been in a while.  (The picture below is an old photo, I'm using it to show where the water was at 6:20ish am.)


I couldn't get back to sleep, so I started looking at the rainfall amounts and the weather forecast.  I saw that we had a flood watch in effect and that A LOT of rain had fallen in Wimberley and Kyle.  I got up about 20 mins later to look again and the river had come up quite a bit.


The water was at the bottom of where we had the boats so I woke up Dan.  He got dressed and pulled the boats up to the top of the hill.  It was still dark outside that that point, but the boys were awake so we started with our morning as usual.  Once it started getting light out we could see that the water was still rising.  At about 7:45am it was the highest we had ever seen it.  Dutch was a little stressed because we were watching the trees get beat down and he did not like that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dutch's 4th Birthday Party

Unexpected Adventure

On the Train!